Please take a moment to read the aftercare advice below. It is important that you understand how to care for your nails/eyelashes after these services. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us as soon as possible.
GEL POLISH (SHELLAC) AFTERCARE ADVICE
- In the first 24 hours after application, you should be especially careful with your nails.
- Use cuticle oil daily. Dab a little onto each nail and massage into the nail and surrounding skin.
- Using cuticle oil gives your nails the nutrients they need to stay strong and healthy.
- Never use your nails as tools instead use the pads of your fingers. (e.g. when typing)
- Don’t pick the product off - this will cause damage to the nail that cannot be repaired.
- Always use rubber gloves when doing household chores and gardening.
Avoid using harsh chemicals without wearing gloves. Dye from your jeans or your newly coloured hair can stain your gel polish.
- Chlorine may cause lifting of Gel Polish. For best results, please wait 24 hours after application before you go swimming.
- Certain products such as sunscreen, tanning lotion, insect repellents and oil based products can cause the gel polish to lift. When using these products, try to avoid getting the product on your nails and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards.
- Never use metal nail files, these are too harsh and may cause damage to your manicure.
- Return for regular, professional manicures every 2 -3 weeks.
EYELASH EXTENSIONS AFTERCARE ADVICE
Just like nails, your natural lashes grow, so they will need a maintenance appointment after a few weeks - that’s if you wish to keep them looking their best. At infill we replace the extension that naturally shed with your natural lashes.
Human shed approximately 3 - 4 eyelashes per upper lid, per day. We apply approximately 100 extensions to each eye, so after 7 days you will lose about 21 - 28 extensions. 14 days - 42 to 56 extensions. It is recommend that you get your infill at this stage when at least 50% of extensions are still on your eyes.
Eyelash adhesive actually takes 24 hours to completely cure. So the first 24 hours are the most important time to ensure that your lashes will last.
Do not get your extension wet for the first 24 hours - exposing your new extensions to any moisture such as steam, high humidity, water and even heat, will result in the lash glue over-curing, becoming brittle and your extensions will fall off within few days.
Please keep your extension clean. Clean them daily and gently with a lash cleanser. Gently groom them with an eyelash brush.
- Eyelash extension do not damage your lashes. Wrong technique, wrong therapist, wrong aftercare do.
- Keep oil-based products away from your extensions and limit to use on your face.
- Do not pick or pull at your extensions. You should contact eyelash technician to have your eyelash extensions removed gently. The procedure is easy and will not affect your own lashes.
- Contact us immediately if your experience any itching or irritation.